Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Getting Started

So, after months and months of procrastination, we launch our family blog. Honestly, I have no idea how this is going to go. This may be the first and last post, or it could be the beginning of a fun way to journal and to keep our friends from afar updated on our adventures.

A good friend of ours who worked in advertising once introduced us to the term "Aspirational Athletes." Neither of us understood the term, but once it was explained to us, it stuck with us as a brilliant concept that applies to us in so many ways. You see, and "Aspirational Athlete" is someone targeted by companies like Nike, Adidas, etc. who sees themself as an athlete, and will purchase the gear needed by an athlete, but isn't really an athlete, and most times will just let the gear they purchased rot in a corner. Make sense? In the years since learning this term, we have determined that we are Aspirational Athletes, Adventurers, Chefs, Foodies, Travelers, and Bloggers. With the launch of "Our Life in the Nittany Valley" we hope to cease being Aspirational Bloggers and become real bloggers. And maybe we'll find through our writings that we are also actual athletes, adventurers, chefs, foodies or travelers...

3 comments:

Steph said...

The Lynches are overwhelmed that this day has finally arrived! We will be eagerly looking forward to every single post! And if you can't think of anything to say just post pics and videos of the kiddos, they deserve their own channel.
Also- I get big props for your first comment.

Kristopher said...

Congratulations! Just don't do what I did on my blog

You have to keep it updated or it will go into oblivion. comment on your friends blogs and they will be reminded to look at and comment on yours. comments give you and others purpose and encouragment. If you don't keep up with the blog, Steph and I will talk about you on your blog via your comments section until you put up a post.

Zack, you're OK, but I can't wait to hear the funny and effed up things that Jean has to say on this blog.

Unknown said...

What a great blog. After reading it I'm very proud of our children and how well they write. Jean, Nany would have had a blog and editing it every hour. Love your adventures and the pictures of the family. BUT I WOULD. Mom