Then we all headed out to Phelps Lake. It is a little over a mile hike to this wonderful, picturesque lake at the base of the Teton range. It was freezing water, but that was not a deterent. All the boys swam out to a rock (including cautious Alex) and the women and 4 yr olds stayed on the edge to throw rocks. It was cool. Most of us had a ball, but Nathan (cousin, 4 yr old) was like a tortured soul getting to the lake. I need to post the photo his mom (my sister) took of him face down on the trail's path pitching a fit and yelling "I CAN'T GO ANYMORE". Afterwards... we all laughed.
Here's the photo!!!
Then we finished the day with one of the most toursity things I have done to date. A chuckwagon dinner. You ride on a horse-drawn wagon up the side of Cache Creek Canyon, then sit in a tent, eat a bbq dinner, and watch a mildly inappropriate skit about a woodsman looking for a woman to capture and killing Indians. It was entertaining, but I am glad it was only 2 hours. CJ got to participate in the group sing along and of course commanded a front and center position. She was in her prime.
Another busy day out in the Mountains.
4 comments:
That is a great picture of the 4 of you...I am sure you already have plans for that one! Glad to hear you are having a good time :)
Thanks for the posts! I'm enjoying the trip vicariously!!! Still sweating it out in VA. All are well here.
Sorry there were not pictures of John. Did Mary enjoy her ride and did Mike think the ride was like a vehicle? The pictures are great. I look ever day for them. I am living through your pictures. Mom
CJ's smile is amazing in that one photo. Looks like such a great trip. Can't wait to hear all about it in person!
Post a Comment