It's Homecoming weekend at PSU. The quintessential Fall weekend filled with colorful foilage, football, campfires and pots of chili. There is a parade, school-spirit dress up day at school, a big football game, and SNOW. Who knew that we would have snow in Central PA the second weekend in October? Nostradamus? The Farmer's Almanac? Al Gore?
When we got back from the store on Thursday it had just started to snow. This is CJ trying to convince me we can start building snowmen.
When we moved to State College three years ago, we understood that our winters would be a bit longer, colder, and snowier than DC -- but this is a bit ridiculous. So ridiculous, that every time I look outside and see it STILL COMING DOWN on Day 2 of the supposed 3 day storm, I just laugh.
Now that school is taking the first snow-day of the year, I hope to enjoy the day. Perhaps some sledding? Or maybe we can make that snowman that CJ started asking to buid yesterday at the sight of the first falling snowflake. Stay tuned.
3 inches total by 8am on 10/16.
I guess I'm not going to get the grass mowed today. Aw shucks! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment