Monday, April 19, 2010

Easter

Okay, I know this is late, but I have neglected this for too long and have been slacking on the adorable pictures of the kids. So, eat your hearts out!

Easter morning the kids were up and excited to find their baskets. I am still not sure how our celebration of Jesus Christ rising from the dead has manifested into a bunny rabbit that hides eggs of candy and trinkets. But, anywho... the bunny did a great job hiding them this year. CJ was first to discover hers, but it took Alexander a good 10 minutes to locate his. I can see why the bunny likes to make it harder and harder each year -- it's a sick little joke for the parents to watch the kids run around flustered. I now, also, understand why one year at Aunt Gert's house when I was probably 10, my basket was hiding in the oven.

But alas, they found them. This year the bunny didn't go crazy on the candy, but the same can not be said of the gifts he bestowed upon the little ones.


Alexander finally getting his basket!


This is perfect snapshot of his joy-- Star Wars for the Wii. Christ rising has never been so exciting for Alexander.


CJ promptly takes inventory of her loot.


The favorite trinket was a dog purse that looks A LOT like Ripley. She still loves to play with it daily.



Post-church photo session.


After church, our friends (who also don't have any family local) came over to celebrate with us. We feasted on the traditional ham, potatoes, asparagus and a few bottles of wine. The kids mostly ate candy! ;-) All were happy.

The day before Easter, we went to the church for a kid Easter egg hunt. I was playing this activity up for the kids all week. But on the Friday prior, Alexander turned to me and said (about the church egg hunt), "but that's not the "REAL" Easter egg hunt, right?"
Afraid that he had some grand expectation that I was unaware of, I retorted, "What do you mean, REAL?"
Fortunately for me, my little one only meant the egg hunt in our backyard on Easter Sunday. Cool -- I got that covered. Here is a quick slide show of the "REAL" egg hunt that lasted all of 5 minutes.


1 comment:

Ann M said...

Thanks for the pictures! Next year Aunt Ann will get CJ an Easter bonnet! :)