Yesterday, Alexander showed his sensitive side. It pops up often, but this one took us by surprise. When getting ready for bed, he discovered a lady bug in the bathroom. This is not a rare occurrence. We have lady bugs fricking everywhere. He yelled to me that he found one. I yelled back to take a tissue and flush it.
I have a rule about bugs in the house. This is MY house. THEY have all of outside to frolic. Come inside and get caught results in the death penalty. Cute bug (aka lady bug) or bad bug (aka wasp) get the same corporeal punishment.
Alexander promptly lost it. He was crying. Big crocodile tears. He didn't want the bug to die. He wanted to take it outside or open the window screen to free it and let it live. Seriously, inconsolable. So that bug lived until Alexander was tucked away in bed.
Then a few hours later when we went up to check the kids and go to bed ourselves, Alexander was muttering in his sleep. I looked at his sweet cheeks and sleeping face, when he said, "God?"
I opened my eyes wider and tilted my head, when... with eyes still tightly shut... he said again, "God?"
I rushed into our room and told Zack. Zack said, "Well, did you see God in there?" Unfortunately not, but perhaps there is something to that saying that only innocent children can see angels and the face of God.
4 comments:
awesome!
I love that boy! You are going to have to put a warning on your posts. This one was a "1 tissue" meaning you will cry a little bit. I did! Love you guys!
How wonderful it is that that beautiful child knows about God.
I do believe that children do see angels for after all they are angels.
i
I have a friend, Pam, who, with her 3 year old and fairly new baby, was in a terrible car accident. My friend was knocked unconcious. The baby's car seat was crushed into a cocoon around the baby and he did not receive even a scratch. The 3 year old, Jenny, was held fast by her car seat but a flying piece of something cut her just above her eye.
After her mother regained consciousness, Jenny expressed her anger at her mommy for going to sleep at the moment Jenny needed her! When Pam tried to explain, Jenny said that it was alright because Jesus came and held her hand and talked to her until the firemen got there to help her.
Interestingly, the cut abover her eye was bad and was fixed by a plastic surgeon, who predicted a permanent scar because of the seriousness of the cut. However, when he removed the bandage, it was completely healed and he told Jenny's parents it was a miracle.
Jenny is about 25 years old today. She always had an amazing faith in the power of prayer.
Post a Comment