TMIDOTY = The Most Important Day Of The Year
This acronym was coined years ago by my loving husband who came to this realization soon after we began dating. Every year, he works hard to make it special and this year was, of course, no exception!
Friday night we hosted a group of friends for a Friday Night Patio Party. The kids love this kind of night. They get to eat cheetos, chips, hot dogs, and then run wild with their friends around the yard. Zack and I love being able to just chill out on a Friday after work with friends, food, and drinks.
But since this was my BIRTHDAY celebration, we also enjoyed the one thing that I always ask for. The one thing that my entire family knows that I want on every birthday. A huge DQ ice cream cake! I know that some of you out there probably were thinking of something more expensive, more sparkly, more diamond or gemstone oriented. But believe it or not, that is all I ever want on my birthday.
It was an amazing summer night in Central PA. Typically my birthday is notably the hottest day of the year. You know the days that the public transportation give free rides, the days that libraries open up to let homeless people come into the cool, the days when movie theatres are packed, and fire hydrants are opened to let kids play in them.... that is usually on my birthday. So when it was a pleasant, sunny day of just 82 degrees with no humidity and clear skies, I was thrilled. When the sun dipped down and the mountain air chilled us, we gathered around the firepit and started to make smores. What a wonderful birthday it was!
To continue the celebration the next day, Zack and I left the kids with the sitter and headed out on an adventure. We drove to the forest and parked at the end of a gravel fire-road near Bear Meadows. Then we biked up the side of the mountain with Ripley in the lead to a trail head. From there we hiked along the mountain ridge, took in amazing views of the valleys below, and even harvested bunches of wild blueberries.

Here are Zack and Ripley picking the blueberries.
Zack wanted to stay up there until the sun set, but I am too much of a scaredy cat to be in the dense woods, at night, when the area is called BEAR Meadows. So after heading back down the trail, biking downhill on the fire road, and returning to the car, we enjoyed the sunset from the comfort of the SUV overlooking Happy Valley.
This photo just cracks me up. Ripley drinking from her hiking bowl after running up the mountain. She shoves her whole snout into it. Call me silly, but that makes me laugh.
Just so the fun didn't end there, we made a "pit" stop at the go-kart place nearby. HILARIOUS! We were the only ones on the track and I totally kicked Zack's butt on the track. The guys let us go for quite awhile since we were the only ones there, and by the end of it we were ready for dinner.
Thanks to Zack for making every one of my birthdays memorable, fun and the most important day of the year!
1 comment:
Soon, you will be taking the kids on their mountain bikes blazing trails in PA! They are VERY advanced, you know. Glad it was a good b-day weekend for you!
Post a Comment