Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Telemarketing calls

I hate these calls. Don't we all? But if you have ever had to make cold calls, you know how much you hate your job and how rude people can be. So, I always try to at least be polite, but direct, in requesting to be taken of the call lists.

That is why I answered the call the other day from an anonymous 800 number with the caller id that read: UNAVAILABLE.
Me: "Hello?"
Them: silence
Me: Hello?
Them: , uh..., Yes, Hello, can I please speak with Ripley Moore?
Me: You want to talk to my dog?
Them: uh... uh... no, I... I... I'm calling about pet care pharmacy blah blah blah.
Me: I'm sorry, but I don't let me dog buy things or talk on the phone. Please remove her from your list.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh - hilarious.