Friday, September 30, 2011

First Days of School

To date, I will definitely admit that we had the best summer as a family. The kids were a great age to run around and have fun, go to the pool and let me read a book (HEAVEN!), and traveling was the easiest we have experienced. It was fabulous. Wonderful. But come August 30th, I was ready for them to head off to school! Luckily for me, they are still at an age where they were excited too.

Big year this year with both kids off to elementary school. No more preschool payments and running back and forth to the church. Just a nice walk down the drive to the bus stop and then 6 wonderful hours until their return. Ahhhhh.....

Okay, back to the kids.
The first day of school, Alex was excited and anxious. Typical Alexander. Sporting his favorite Steelers t-shirt, here are the prerequisite first-day photos. 

 LOVE this photo!!!
CJ started Kindergarten this Fall, but on the official first day of school, kindergartners only come in with their parents for an hour orientation day. So, she walked to the bus stop, but you can tell she was a little dismayed that she would not be getting on too. She walked this walk for the last two years without getting on that bus and she is slightly upset that she has to wait ONE MORE day.
The Kindergartner ready for her semi-First Day.

The following day was CJ's big day. She was up early and ready to roll. I am pretty certain she was dressed, brushed and had her backpack full of supplies by 7am.

The Kindergarten 1st Day Photo Op.


 She picked this outfit out special. Can't you tell? No one can say that CJ isn't fashionable... in her own way.






 FINALLY CJ gets to join in the bus riding fun! She is so excited that you can see the skip in her step.


Click on the above picture and see the pure JOY on that little girl's face.

You may wonder whether or not my motherly emotions got to me this day. Seeing my two babies heading off to school without me or needing me to help them through the day, did I cry? Was I misty-eyed? HA! No way. Not a tear. I am proud of my kids and loving that they are excited about growing up and experiencing new things and life milestones. I love my babies, but instead of being sad about what is no more, I look positively and happily at what the next stage of life holds.

Besides, I had to run back to the house to prepare the drinks and eats for my 1st Annual Mom's Mimosa and Muffin party.

So how did the first day go?




No comments: