Thursday, June 11, 2009

Last Day of Preschool

Yesterday was Alexander's final day of preschool. His teacher had a program for the last half hour of class for parents to video tape and document for history. The kids sang the cute songs they had learned over the past school year and hammed it up for the cameras. It was cute and a perfect finale for preschool.

Afterward, his best buddy (Alexander's official title for his friend), Luke, had a plan to celebrate. "Ice Cream for Lunch" with just the moms -- no little sisters. It was a great plan and Sara (Luke's mom) and I jumped on the bandwagon. The boys were elated.

My little boy is going off to Kindergarten next year and I can hardly believe it. As we were getting out of the car at DQ, I started to kiss his face all over and saying:

ME: "You are getting so big, {kiss, kiss, kiss} I can't stand it, {kiss, kiss, kiss} next year you are going to Kindergarten and I am going to miss you so much, {kiss, kiss, kiss} and you are going to have so much fun... riding the bus, {kiss, kiss, kiss} eating lunch at the school, {kiss, kiss, kiss} learning and playing with all your friends.." {kiss, kiss, kiss}

Alexander: "MOMMMMMY, yeah, I will be having fun, but I will still miss you."

Okay, how do you not skip the kid cone and just buy the boy a huge ice cream cake? It was a great day!!



Mrs. Wylie and Alexander at the "Promotion Ceremony"


Alexander and his "best buddy" Luke.


The proud graduate.

4 comments:

TerraD said...

That's a great picture of Alexander and Mrs. Wylie. I hope ours turned out that well. Their singing was just sooo cute! It was a great year at Grace!

Ann M said...

Such a big boy...it brings a tear to my eye! He looks so proud of himself. I love that he tells you that he will miss you Jean! Kisses to all!

Megan said...

Not sure how I'm going to continue these milestones the way I was crying at this...Can't believe it's done and off to k-garten for the older ones! Ditto Terra, great year!!

Unknown said...

Small or large, My grandchildren make me so proud and the love they give is more than work can say. Alexander is so cute and proud of himself. What a day to remenber. Kisses to all.