But allow me to defend myself. I did make breakfast in bed for the Birthday Girl this morning, with the “help” of the kids. And I will figure out an awesome gift for her in the next three hours. OK, I know that’s not much.
But in an attempt to make up for my bad-husbandness, I wanted to write a quick post to prompt everyone to leave Happy Birthday comments for Jean and tell her how beautiful she is, and how great a daughter/wife/mom she is. And for those who have had a chance to witness her tremendous hosting skills recently, please also tell her how great a CHEF she is (bit of an inside joke there, but go along with it even if you don’t understand it).

You see, from the moment I met Jean way back in 1993, it has been driven into my head that Jean’s Birthday is The Most Important Day of the Year – bigger than any national holiday, and certainly more important than anyone else’s birthday. And, while she really doesn’t put any pressure on me to do anything spectacular for her (thankfully), God help me the day I forget to wish her a Happy Birthday the moment my eyes open on July 15th.
So, without getting too sappy, here’s to you Jean. Happy Birthday! You truly are the best thing to every happen to me, and you make me a better person every single day. Not that this is about me! It’s about you and the tremendous joy you bring into the lives of those around you. I can’t think of a person who doesn’t appreciate your honesty, love your wit, and genuinely enjoy being around you. I am unbelievably happy that you were born on this day in 1972. And I am so grateful that you choose to spend The Most Important Day of the Year with me every year.
Love You!
5 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday, Jean! Hope you have a great day! We are sending love and best wishes from Maryland and doing our own rendition of Happy Birthday (which when Madeline sings sounds like " happy earth day") down here!
love,
dave, alexis, Z and Maddie
Happy Birthday Mthis Mwor:) Hope you had a great day.
Love
The Weyandt Crew
Happy Birthday to the best littlest sister ever (need to be careful there)...and yes, Zack, for the last 37 years this HAS been the biggest day of the year! And just think, her siblings were all convinced she would be a boy and would be named David. I'm so glad we got Jean instead! Love ya, sis!
A belated Happy Birthday. I was there and it was a gift from God when you arrived. You were also gifted when God gave you Zack, what a wonderful Husband and father. You have been blessed. Love, Mom
I wish I had gotten to spend TMIDOTY with her, too...
Post a Comment