Friday, July 10, 2009

Funny this and that... Part II

So far age 5, is all good. He is innocent, fairly self-sufficient and has such a humorous outlook. Plus, when CJ is getting in trouble he turns into a show-off with his good manners and helpful nature. Alexander has been cracking me up.

For the grandparents and aunt in the reading audience, here are just two little remarks that made me laugh in the last day or so.

I'm on the phone (what a rare occurrence ;-)) when Alexander comes running into me.
Alexander: "MOMMY! I remembered how the song goes!"
Me: [shrug shoulders, confused look, point to phone]
Alexander: [singing and shaking his hips] "THERE'S A PARTY IN MY TUMMY, So Yummy, So Yummy!!"
He gives me a big smile and then runs off.

It was more than a week ago that we tried to think of that little ditty at the lunch table with no success. Sometimes I wish I had a way to know his train of thought.

At the pool, he was swimming around per usual. He really enjoys swimming underwater, so most of the time he is just bobbing up and down. This time he comes to the surface and says:
Alexander: "MOMMY! Watch this!"
[dunks under water, blows out bubbles in one big blup-blup]
Me: "Cool."
Alexander: "Yeah! I can make big bubbles with my breath!! I didn't know I could just make bubbles with my breath. I think they come from here.[points to tummy] Look -- I'll do it again!"

Discovery is an awe-inspiring moment.

2 comments:

Ann M said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm fascinated with the way his mind works! You are blessed to get these little moments!

Unknown said...

Little boys are so interested in the air in their bodies. I will never forget I was sitting on the edge of the bath tub, Paul was sitting on the tolet when he pasted gas. " Mommy did you hear that? Yes I did, replies Mommy. Do you know what that was? No. (Paul) It was my butt talking." He was 3 or 4 years old. Mommies never forget the cute stuff. Love to hear the stories keep them comming.