Last Friday was Alexander's first day of kindergarten. I can't believe it. My little boy off to school on the bus. He was more than excited to go -- woke up at 6:30am to ask me if it was time to get the bus yet. Then decided he would get dressed first (before eating breakfast) just in case he had to run out the door to catch the bus. All grins and smiles, he bravely hopped on the bus and gave us a confident wave goodbye. Surprisingly, I didn't shed a tear. However, when Zack drove him off to the orientation hour the day before, I cried like a baby! The little boy is growing up and informed us that he will be going as "Alex" at school. When I asked why the switch, he explained that it was shorter to write. Brilliant! :-)
Showing off his new Spidey-backpack.
CJ also started her preschool this week. My big girl was excited too! She loves school and her new teacher (helps that we know her from church and playdates). While the majority of the attention has been focused on Alexander, she has been quietly doing workbooks to learn her numbers and letters. I keep telling her that if she keeps writing and learning so much at home that Mrs. King (her teacher) won't have anything left to teach her! Below is a picture outside of her school this year. What a stark contrast from last year in the same spot dropping off Alexander (see the post: Alexander Back to Preschool at http://nittanyhome.blogspot.com/2008/09/alexanders-back-to-preschool.html)
3 comments:
Thanks for the great pictures! I almost cried that morning - from two states away. I'm proud of you all! Love you!
The next time to cry is when you leave your child off at college. It never get easier. But isn't it great that it was Mommy that had the tears and not your little love ones. The pictures are great, but how did CJ get out without a dress on? Mom
She was the best darn kid counter that you could have asked for today! :) Glad to hear that Alex (!) is doing well. I keep meaning to ask but never find the time.
Post a Comment