Since I just got an email from a reader requesting a new post -- I thought I would share this little story.
Last weekend, we went to visit my sister and the kids' favorite, Aunt Ann. At one point Zack, Alex and I went to take the dog on a walk around the block. Unfortunately there are no sidewalks in this frequently traveled Vienna, VA neighborhood, so we are on guard the entire time watching for crazy Washingtonians flying down the road.
In one such instance, I was walking ahead with Ripley (the dog) with Zack and Alex trailing behind me when a sporty, little mercedes came at us a bit too close for comfort. With their windows cracked and tunes ablaze, the two teenagers in the car where in their own world. I raised my arms at them in a classic "what the F***?" motion and the driver moved away from us... slightly.
Then, Zack says to me, "Do you smell that?"
Jean: "No, what? {pause} OOOOhhhh.."
For those who need some explanation, we smelled the faint odor of pot/weed/marijuana.
Alex: "What smell?"
Zack: "Oh, um, I don't know."
Alex: "I'm hungry."
Zack and I immediately broke out into laughter. In fact, it was very close to dinnertime, but the correlation between the two was just plain funny. Seems we will need to keep a watchful eye on this little one in a few years. :-)
3 comments:
What a great time you had on Spring Break. I'm with Alex I would not know what pot smelled like either. Maybe it would make me hungery too. Love Mom
Wasn't that a direct question?
LOL
I'll make sure he's not leading MY angels down the slippery path!!
Post a Comment