Wednesday, October 27, 2010

While Zack was racing, we had Fall Fun Fest!

The kids and I had such a wonderful Fall weekend at my sisters. Zack was there, of course, but he was doing his pre-race and race-day activities. The kids did miss their final soccer games, but when we told them they would be spending the time with their cousins, not a single fuss was made.


Alex is in full-on Jack adoration mode. He LOVES his older cousin. I am not sure what he loves more about Jack -- his ability to play football with him or watch him play DS or computer games. I doesn't much matter since Alex has a fabulous time and we don't even see him until we are ready to leave.


Meanwhile, CJ and her cousin Nathan are attached at the hip. With only 6 months difference in age, they play together so very well and constantly. Here they both are enjoying the 3rd hay ride of the day.


On Saturday, we took the kids to my sister's friend's farm for a fall-fest. The kids got to ride ponies, run through a corn maze, pet farm animals, do a apple sling-shot, and enjoy the beautiful weather. Here they are taking a quick rest between activities.


My reluctant rider. I had to "convince" him to ride since Jack was not going to do it (Jack is a tween and totally not into THAT!). Alex did enjoy it... much to his chagrin.


This cowgirl was in HEAVEN. She rode both horses for a total of 4 times. I see lessons in the near future.


The kids loved petting the week-old calves. For cows, they really were very cute.

Back at Aunt Mary's the fun continued. She really does have an amusement park out back. The huge playset hardly even gets used when you have a big sand/dirt pit to dig in and ....

Hay rides around the property. Here's Mike on "his" tractor taking us around the yard.

The happy riders in back. I don't know what Zack is doing in this picture but his face and Ripley's seem to be the same!

Here's my mom. Doesn't she look fabulous? She is doing weight watchers and just slimming down to a mere fraction of her former self. I am so proud of her!

Here's my Dad. The grandkids call him Mr. BigHands. You can see why.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a great weekend and I enjoyed every minute of it. I am so blessed with the most wonderful grandchildren and children. Thanks for the support you have and are still giving me on my weight losing. Mom