Thursday, December 9, 2010

My first "really old" comment

Today at the bus stop I commented to Alexander and our neighbor's child how I was glad that they didn't have to walk to school in this 20 degree weather. Of course, Alexander replied, "Why?"

Me: Because it is really cold out here and my ears are already freezing. When I was going to school, I had to walk and I remember how cold I was.

Alexander: Did you have cars back then?

Me: {Dramatic pause to absorb my first old comment from my kids, then smile} Yes, honey. I just lived "close" enough to the school that they made me walk.

Alexander: Oh.


3 comments:

Ronece said...

That is like Skye saying she doesn't know how I got a job because I couldn't helpher with her fraction homework. The joy of children!

Unknown said...

It just keeps getting better. At least you didn't say you had to walk a mile in the 3 feet of snow. I just love that little boy. Mom

Maryland Mommy said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA!! Made me laugh out loud! My first old comment came a few weeks ago when I yelled at a car, going waaaay to fast in our neighborhood, to slow down! HA!