Friday, June 10, 2011

CJ Graduates

Wow, I can't believe we no longer have any preschoolers in this house. Seems like it happened all too fast. Not for CJ, though, who has been asking to get on the bus with Alexander for the last 2 months and go to kindergarten. This day could not have come quickly enough for her. But for her sentimental parents, we have bittersweet emotions about our little baby girl being a big kid in elementary school.

On her last day of school, the class did a little "Promotion Ceremony" for the parents. I loved it!! The class sang all the silly songs they learned over the year and then the teachers handed each a diploma-esque certificate. All of the kids were so proud of themselves!!

CJ with Mrs. Wylie. Personally, I will miss having a child in Mrs. Wylie's class. She is so good for this age group -- extremely patient, full of fun and silliness, and nurturing a love for going to school in each child. She's simply wonderful. One of my favorite lines Mrs. Wylie said recently was a note to the parents about an upcoming field trip to a muddy marsh. She wrote, "Please have your child wear shoes that can get muddy and won't make your child sad." How perfectly put for a preschooler!


Some rock stars are known by one name... CJ chooses three. CJ "Claire Julia".

The proud preschooler and teacher.


Another parent made corsages for all the kids. While she loved the flowers, eventually they were a bit to "itchy".

The next day Alexander had school and we walked him to the bus stop as usual. Alex was sad because CJ got to stay home and he HAD to go to school, CJ was sad because she thought she was going to be able to go to kindergarten TODAY, and I was just happy that I wasn't going to have to write another check for school tuition. Well, at least not for 11 more years. :-)

2 comments:

Ann M said...

Wow CJ - great diploma! I know you were the prettiest girl in your class on graduation day! I know you are going to LOVE kindergarten!

Anonymous said...

Love this post! So true about Mrs. Wylie, and so cute about thinking she went to kindergarten the very next day! Terra:)