I spoke with a woman this past weekend who was telling me her challenges of raising her 14 and 16 year old girls. She was dealing with sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll. Oh sorry, that phrase just rolls of the tongue. It was sex, drugs, bullying and raging hormones. Everyday she said she felt battle wounded with her girls. Then she delighted in my innocent, and in comparison... easy, challenges with a 2 and 4 year old. Her remark echos in my head, "Enjoy this stage. It is wonderful."
Today, Alexander came up to me (like countless times before) and tells me,"Mommy, CJ pushed me." (Insert any verb: hitting/shoving/tackling/etc.)
My standard reply , "What were you doing right before she pushed you?"
Alexander: "I was trying to eat her arm."
Me: "Okay, then. You stop eating her, she will stop pushing you."
It's great that he hasn't figured out how to lie to me about this YET, nor has he opted for the "Nothing" response. Life is good and I am truly enjoying this stage. :-)
3 comments:
I can just hear him saying that, giving you that look that he gives you. I love that little dude...
You're right, at least he's honest ;)
You have a very open relationship with your kids, and that will last if you take the time to listen. Be honest with them and they will be honest with you. That is your Motherly advise for today. Mom
Post a Comment