Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween 2008

What a great year for Halloween. So far, ages 4 and 2 are super cool. Both Alexander and CJ were completely caught up in the fantasy world that is Halloween and the joys of candy procurement that comes along with it.

For the last 2 months, Alexander has been steadfast in his desire to be a ghost. He perfected his spooky ghost sounds, "OOOooooOOOOOoooOOOO" and "BOO!" While CJ has changed her mind every time the wind changed its course. For the same two months, both Alexander and I have pushed the idea of being a witch. We bought a witch costume and the prerequisite broom, taught her how to say "I'm going to get you my pretty" in an eerie voice, and really played up the whole idea. Two days before the big trick-or-treat day, CJ locked onto her costume. Yes, she loved being a purple butterfly... much to my and Alexander's dismay.

The sun set, costumes donned and make-up applied --we were off to trick-or-treat. Both kids did great running up to the doors with their neighborhood friends, ringing the bells, mumbling "trick-or-treat" and then grabbing the loot. After about 5 houses, CJ was done. Pushing her on, it only took 6 more houses for Alexander to state, "Mommy, I'm done. Can we go home and eat it now?" My reply? "Yes! Awesome, we're done."





2 comments:

Ann M said...

Oh! Alexander's costume is very scary! And CJ's is very beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures. (I think I had more candy left over than they collected together!)

Unknown said...

How great they looked. Getting all the candy is the best part. Mom