After missing last week's lesson (due to SNOW!), I was very happy to get back up in the saddle this week. This is more than just a random activity for me. It is a time for some exercise (think non-stop squats and lunges), some fresh air (outside of the stable, that is), and some plain old, fun "me time". I just love the hour a week I get to "play" with a horse.
This week was a new level for me as a rider. For those not versed, you have different paces for riding: walk, trot, cantor, gallop. For the last two months I have perfected the walk and worked very hard to get in rhythm with the trot. But this week, I GOT TO CANTOR. Whoa, Nelly... that is a whole lot of fun. The only way I can describe it is as if you were going from a flat road bicycle ride to all of a sudden flying down hill and having a ton of fun doing it. It was great. Until the trainer started to ask the horse to do some more, the horse was not happy about it and then he went from a cantor straight into a bucking motion. WHOA, NELLY. Good news is that I held on. Not sure if I am more impressed that I cantored or that I didn't just roll off the horse. I'll let the "comments" decide!
2 comments:
The cantor is the best. What a feeling! Glad you got back on your horse!!
Good job on getting to that point, it can be intimidating at first! Cantering is the best...until you get to the galloping over the rolling hills and towering log jumps of a cross country course. :)
Post a Comment