Every day, Jean and I have interactions with the kids that are "blog-worthy" but the problem is that we can't remember the exact interaction well enough to type it out. But tonight, while Alexander was putting on his pj's, we had the following conversation, which I just knew at the time was a keeper, so I specifically tried to remember it well enough to re-tell.
Alexander was telling me a detailed story from months ago...
Zack: You have a very good memory.
Alex: That's cause I'm a grown-up.
Z: Really, you're a grownup?
A: Yeah, I'm 4 and a half years old.
Z: And that makes you a grownup?
A: Yep.
Z: I think you're a great 4 and a half year old.
A: Yeah.
Z: You're living a good life, aren't you buddy?
A: Yep.
After a short pause.
A: But I'm not ready to go to God yet.
Z: Me neither.
A: Daddy, how do you know when it's time to go to God?
Z: Nobody knows buddy, God will let us know.
A: And you know daddy, a light will shine on you when it's time.
Z: Really?
A: Yeah, it comes out of the sky and shines on you.
Z: Cool. Where did you learn that?
A: I saw it in a book.
4 comments:
I love the innocence. If only everything was as black and white as kids see it!!
Merry Christmas
The Weyandt clan
awwwww.....so innocent. I love it. We hope you guys have a wonderful holiday :)
alexis
Wow, out of the mouths of babes...Thanks for sharing this touching story. See you soon!
He is a thinker.Don't you wonder what is going on in their little minds.You can tell Alexander that Grandma isn't ready to see the light yet. Take care enjoy every moment with your 2 jewels.
Post a Comment