Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ham

After one postponement due to bad weather, this week Alexander finally got to perform in his pre-school's Christmas Program. It's a pretty neat little thing, where every pre-school class files into the church sanctuary and stands on risers and sings together. It's a whole big production for less than an hour of "entertainment," but all the parents and lots of grandparents show up, and they serve cookies afterwards, so I wasn't complaining.

Last year, Alexander basically just stood up there and didn't move -- no singing, no clapping, no swaying -- just stood there like a statue. This year was a different story. He was looking forward to this thing for weeks, and the weather postponement had him a bit antsy to surprise us with his songs.

Of course, we didn't know where in the room Alexander would be, and we chose a seat near the front on the complete opposite side of the church! So, as usual, our video looks like a low quality Zapruder film. But, I edited it down to about a minute so as not to bore everyone with the nose-picking and butt-scratching parts.

Notice in the video that Alexander was geared up to sing Oh I Just Can't Wait to See the King. So much so that he poked himself in the eye (anyone see a pattern developing?) doing the hand motions. But the boy toughed it out and finished strong!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Ann M said...

I love the enthusiasm! I'm happy that he continued singing even injured. Very cute! Great post!

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to hear those songs in person. Good job Alexander. Grandma