Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Explaining too much

Okay, so I didn't learn from all the wonderful tips/tricks in the comments of the last post. Here's my latest conversation from Wise Ole' Xander.

We were driving home around dinner and I decided to kill some time and drive into a few neighborhoods to check out the Christmas light displays. As the kids were ooohhhing and aaahhhing in the back seat, they started to play the game "who has more lights out their side of the car". As Alexander began to lose this competition, he asked me: "Mom, why don't some people have lights up?"

ME: They just haven't gotten to it yet.
Alex: Why not?
ME: Perhaps they were busy.
Alex: Don't they like Christmas?
ME: Of course, some people do.
Alex: Why only some people?

This is were I admit I was not thinking. I was driving around a neighborhood that I was not completely familiar and was trying to make sure we didn't get lost. So, in this multi-tasking moment, I regretfully did not think before I spoke.

ME: Well, some people don't believe in Jesus.
Alex: WHAT? Who doesn't believe in God?

Oh, brother. I really messed up now. I don't even remember how I got out of that one, but once I did I figured that would be the last of it. Why did I think that? Of course I was wrong. So for the last day, Alexander has listed everyone he knows and has asked if they believe in God. It's as if he's making a list, checking it twice...

3 comments:

Maryland Mommy said...

ya well, today Zachary told me he was "moving out"...... what the?!?!?!?!

Ann M said...

Jean, you and Maryland Mommy have funny children! Thanks for the laughs today...

Anonymous said...

Teach him about CHRISMAKKAH!