Monday, May 11, 2009

Amoeba Soccer

Yes, it is true. I am OFFICIALLY a Soccer Mom. That's right political parties, I have opinions and clout!

Alexander started playing a few weeks ago and just loves it. Zack and I (former soccer players back in our twenties and pre-kids) just love seeing him hustle and slide tackle other 4 year-olds. I am also happy to report that my boy takes after his mom on the soccer field. Not his athletic, spry Daddy... that's right me.

Alexander the Defender. It is hilarious how completely focused he is on ensuring the other team doesn't score. If he is on the other side of the field on offense and the other team gets a foot on the ball, he BOLTS to the goal box. Winded, huffing and puffing he throws kicks left and right until the ball is cleared from his goal. I just love him!!!

Here's our sweeper in action:






3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's our Grandson. He really looks like he is playing his heart out. It would be the dream come true if he becomes a Great soccer player, since his parents were the first soccer fans I knew . Go Alexander.

Ann M said...

Great post! Alexander may play like his mom, but he looks like his dad...tongue sticking out in every picture!!!

TerraD said...

Tanner is all about defending that goal this season, too. Maybe they discuss strategy at school . . .