Ode to My Mom
No Hallmark card can express how I feel about my mom. She is the one who gave me life and has shaped me into the person I am today. I was blessed that God gave me her as a Mom and thank him everyday for her.I often think about you mom. Silly little things pop into my head at random times and I say, "I have to remember to tell her that". But then things get busy and I forget. Here are some things I want you to know:
Thanks for taking me shopping when I was teenager, even when I was obnoxious and embarrassed to be "seen" with my mom.
Thanks for telling me the truth. I was really mad when you told me that one of my friends was in a “bad” crowd when I was twelve. But, you were right.
Thanks for being my consigliere/liaison with Dad.
I truly believe that you have God’s home phone. You make miracles happen often and usually to benefit others... Like great weather on special occasions, front row parking spaces on a busy street/lot, and selling a house quickly.
I am always amazed by your patience and love. Five kids, 3 miscarriages, 50 years with Dad, a cross-country road trip with all seven of us -- and you still smile more than frown.
I am sorry if the funny voice we use for you ever upset you. But it makes me smile because I get to hear you.
Thanks for giving me great advice. One of my favorites you told me during my freshman year in college. One Friday afternoon you told me, “have fun tonight, but just don’t get so drunk that you can’t remember how to get home.” Wise words.
You gave me the best mantra when I was a teenage girl (and my college roommate still uses it today). "You are smart, funny, thin and beautiful. Always."
You were right when you said, "This too shall pass" and "He only gives us what we can handle."
I love you, Mom, lots and lots and lots and lots. Thanks for being the best, most compassionate, most supportive, most loving, most understanding, most humorous Mom-on-the-Planet.
I hope you have a fabulous Mother's day,
Love,
#5
5 comments:
Jean,
How beautiful. It took me a while to get done crying. God has sure
ly blessed your Dad and I with the most wonderful children.
All the labor pains where worth it.
My hope is that you will share in the love of your children as I have.
Thank you for a wonderful Mothers Day. Love Mom
And you will give such good advice to Alexander and C.J., too. You've had someone to teach you well.
"consigliore with Dad"? Wasn't I a beneficent overlord?
wow. I got choked up. So well written. I might copy and paste and send it to my mom! Aren't they the best???
ok...finally finished reading this through my own tears! I only hope that my kids say such nice things about me when they grow up!! :) You are a good daughter, Jean!
Post a Comment