Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day on the Boat

This may conclude the posts on the lake vaca... I'm running out of topics!

As I previously explained, Alexander is not a huge fan of waves. Earlier this year in the Outer Banks, he almost had a stroke when sitting on the beach and a wave came within 6 feet of our chairs. Before I even realized that the wave was pushing in a little closer than previously, he was up and sprinting to the dunes -- screaming his head off. Get the picture?

Being the conscientious parents that we are, we made sure to rent a boat for some trolling around the lake and tubing fun! As you can imagine, Alexander "wasn't too sure about this" idea. But with much handholding and reassurance, he finally hopped on the pontoon boat and off we went.

Everyone had a great time cruising around the lakes inlets, fishing in quiet coves, consuming tons of pretzels/chips/soda, boys peeing off the side of the boat, tubing at an amazingly slow pace (which really, can you call it tubing if you are just 'sitting' in the water? next year -- need more horsepower!), and off course swimming (hopefully not right after a pee of the port bow sequence).


Alexander helping to steer away from any and all waves. Zack showing off his guns. Oooh, baby!









This is probably my best self-portrait ever. At the time, I didn't even know I would get Zack and CJ in the background. I just love this one!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: