Monday, August 18, 2008

What is this, 1995?

It has been so long since I've had to use a dial-up connection that I almost forgot how bad it is...but then you wait 5 minutes for your own blog to load because of all the pictures, and the mid-90s come flooding back to you...Seriously, what did we do before broadband?

The family is on vacation this week, and I had grand plans of posting daily pictures of all of our adventures on a daily basis...dreams of wireless floated through my head. And why shouldn't they? The house that we rented, right on the shores of Deep Creek Lake, advertised "Internet Access" along with the gas grill, Cable TV, and hot tub. Well, I've already ruined the outcome of this story with my annoying complaints -- dial-up on a brand-new Dell...what a waste of computing power...

At any rate, the house is great -- not too fancy, but a good location and all the essentials. It is so nice to be right on the lake. The weather so far has been fantastic, so we have already fished, canoed, hiked, and played dominoes on the back deck. And who knew that dominoes was so much fun (or was it the margaritas talking)??? Takes me back to Boyz 'N The Hood (another 90s flashback...I see a theme developing here...)

Well, since it would take approximately three days to upload any pictures, I am just going to go crack a 40 and put on some Pearl Jam and make this experience complete.

No comments: