This was the topic of conversation in the car yesterday -- brought up by Alexander. As we were passing through the tall corn fields of Happy Valley, he asked Zack what he wanted to be when he grows up. After pondering this timeless question for a moment, he responded with "Maybe a farmer". Quite original given the setting. ;-)Plus, I think if he had said "lobbyist", then the countless questions as to what a lobbyist is, what is the federal government, what is pork barrel spending, what is liberal bias; would have been too much for us to deal with on a Sunday afternoon.
From there, we turned the tables on him by asking him what he wanted to be. And this is how the conversation went down...
Alexander: "Uh... ummmm.. I think I will be an airplane flier. CJ, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
CJ: [fresh from a hike with rocks and acorns still in her grasp] "I want to pick up rocks."Alexander: "You can be an excavator driver. And when I fly by you, you can wave to me up in the air. Mommy, what do you want to be when you grow up."
Me: "I don't know. I think I like just being a kid."
Alexander: "MOMMY. You are silly. You just have to keep eating your vegetables and then you will grow up big and strong."
Ahhh... it is so easy, isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment