Monday, August 4, 2008

Never get enough

This is what we picked the last two days in our garden (not shown: 6 squashes that Zack's sister took home on Saturday) -- except for the onion/garlic/orange tomato. To say that the garden is doing well this year is a bit of an understatement.

While I have tried new zucchini and squash recipes practically nightly, there is only so much Zack and I can take. Alexander has loaded up his radio-flyer wagon and made "deliveries" to the neighbors twice already. I am pretty sure that if we tried again, they would close the curtains and pretend not to be home.

So, I took the 30+ veggies to Meals-on-Wheels at our church this morning. This was the second time in three weeks. I get a sense that the lunch ladies there are going to start giving me the evil eye if I come again with a crate full of these.

Lesson learned. A family of four, with only two people actually eating the veggies, do not need 10 plants each of squash and zucchini. Okay, got it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steph said...

Wait a minute! Is this blog some sort of covert Nittany Valley recruitment effort?! Is this all just a ruse to lure Kris and I back to our rightful home? Delgrosso's?! Lunch rocks?! Ginormous produce?! The cutest kids ever? This can't be real, it's like the Walgreens commercial about the town of Perfect. But I love it and I'm jealous!