Thursday, September 4, 2008

Anatomy 101

This must be the month of body awareness in this household. Alexander came up to me while doing the dishes this morning, which seems to be his prime thinking-time (see "All in the line of Duty" posted 8/6) with another real dandy of a question. Here's how it went down:

Alexander walks out of the bathroom and yells, "Hey Mom. What is this crinkle under my penis?" This question is volleyed to me while simultaneously dropping his drawers to the floor.

Me: "What? Show me." Of course I am thinking he has some crazy disease or growth that needs a quick run to the ER.

Alexander: "this thing, it is all squishy and wrinkly"

Me: "Well, that is what is called your testicles. Some people call them balls."

A: "What do they do?"

M: "Hmmm.... (should I go into the whole semen thing at age 4? No, no.) Well, they help you grow big and strong."

A: "So I don't have to eat my vegetables?"

M: "Oh, no honey. You still need your veggies, cause they will help those grow too."

All part of another day in paradise! :-)

4 comments:

Susie PSU said...

Michael calls them his "beans". Boys really are funny!

Maureen said...

Hahaha! That is hilarious. I love your answer. "Some people call them balls."

Steph said...

I love it! He's so inquisitive!

Liz Chapman said...

So this is what I have to look forward to... hahaha. I think you handled it very well!