They had a bunch of tents set up with police or fire hats, coloring books, loads of lollipops and activities. As you can see they had some face painting too. Alexander picked a dalamation and CJ a cat. Pretty funny that the artist chose to make the circle around the eye that Alexander always squints with -- it made me laugh everytime I looked at him.
We took a ride up in the bucket of the hook and ladder truck (pretty cool) and sat in a bunch of police vehicles.
The fire department was the big winner, though. With the ladder ride and letting the kids squirt the fire hose -- all of their tents had lines of kids waiting their turn.
Not wanting to bias the kids, I did take them over to the police tents. However, all my pleading to get the kids a chance to shoot a police gun didn't persuaded the local cops to do so.
As a last resort, one of the officers gave the kids rape-whistles. I guess this was a better option, but they are now driving me crazy whistling all the time! Oh well, just another day in Happy Valley!
3 comments:
Umm...yeah...that was my neighbor working the police booth there. Hey, did you happen to see Chris and the kids there? They went, too!
Those kids of yours are animals! Animals, I tell you!
Those kids of yours are cute! Will there be face painting at your house every week?
Post a Comment