It was CJ's first day of preschool. My little 2.5 yr old is starting her scholastic journey. She was so flipping cute and excited for today. She picked out her dress ("for Mrs. Leslie") and was packing her bag at 7:30am this morning.
She was sooo ready for school. We dropped Alexander off at his school at 9, bolted 3 blocks down the road to CJ's school, which starts at 9:15. We got there about 5 minutes early and had to wait. You would have thought she was waiting to get into the gates of Walt Disney World. Total ants in her pants.
When Mrs. Leslie opened the door, she sprinted over and jumped across the threshold. Not a look back at me or a care as to where I was. I am SO PROUD. I still have Alexander clinging to me everyday at drop off, so this is a hoot to me. As you can tell from the pictures -- she was a great deal happier today then she was on Alexander's first day!
Then I RACED to the car, across town to take my FIRST RIDING LESSON! HA! My friend, Sara, and I are taking lessons at a local stable. Sara is an experienced rider who just wants to get back on a schedule of riding and hone her skills. I am a city slicker looking to mount a great steed. HA! I had a ball. Dude, I had no idea what it was going to be like -- but it exceeded my expectations.
Upon arrival this is what we got to do:
1. Brush horse
2. Saddle and bridal horse (give treats!)
3. walk to ring
4. mount and walk/ride around ring
5. then we took turns with our trainer (Savannah -- a PSU college student). I learned how to sit on the English saddle. This was my first time ever on this kind of saddle. Then it was a series of posture corrections while Savannah made the horse go in circles. This is called something, but I forget.
6. individually go around the ring and walk, stop, walk, trot (SO MUCH FUN!!!)
7. Then back to the barn, remove saddle, bridal, foot guards, brush, comb, treat and then off to the pasture.
All of this was so super cool and I am already walking bowlegged. The coolest finish was when Savannah had me "jump" over the fence in a trot before leaving the ring. Sure the posts were on the ground -- but I still got in the jumping stance!!! :-D
Then I rushed back to pick up CJ (5 minutes late) and then over to Alexander's school. Whoosh, I am tried, starting to get sore, but have a grin from ear to ear!

4 comments:
How much fun that must have been for you, Jean!! CJ certainly looks much much happier! How many days a week will she go? Enjoy those riding lessons...learn a thing or two so you can teach me the next time we are up :)
alexis
The sunglasses crack me up!
OHMYGOD- I love your life. First of all, baby CJ is a damn riot- and getting way too big and grown up for my tastes. But I still love her. Umm, riding lessons?! They're my ultimate weight loss reward, so by the time we move up to State College to begin a series of legendary Lynch-Moore (or Moore-Lynch? I can't tell which is less offensive) tailgates, we'll also be able to ride together!
So, did you mount a great steed?
LOL
Just look at CJ. Just LOOK at her!
Post a Comment