Thursday, October 2, 2008

Songs

Since the beginning of preschool, new songs are a constant around the house. CJ's pretty good at remembering the words, but if she doesn't -- she just makes them up. This is very cute.


Then there is Alexander. He learns it at school, remembers about 4 words and the asks me to sing the "rest with him". I have NO CLUE what the song is about or the tune it follows. So usually, I end up searching the internet for lyrics or getting the lyrics from the teacher.


Lately, we have been an endless loop of the Acorn Song. I finally figured out all the lyrics when his teacher sang the song on the bus on Monday. AH HA! I've got it. From then on, Alexander, CJ and I have broken out in full chorus to this song.


This all explains, why I broke out the video to capture this little moment. Exactly what I expected to happen... did. Alexander got camera shy and CJ would only preform solo arias. She is such a diva.


The Acorn Song.
Enjoy!


I'm a little acorn, small and round.
Lying on the cold, cold ground.
Everybody steps on me, that is why I'm cracked you see.

I'm a Nut, I'm a Nut, I'm a Nut.

Called myself on the telephone,
Just to see if I was home.
Asked me out... for a date,
Picked me up at half past eight.

I'm a Nut, I'm a Nut, I'm a Nut.

Drove myself to the movie show,
Sat right down in the very first row.
Watched a movie called Star Wars,
watched another one called Cars.

I'm a Nut, I'm a Nut, I'm a Nut.

CJ's LEAF SONG
Lyrics are made-up, uh... I mean inspired by her surroundings.

3 comments:

Maryland Mommy said...

"cuhhhlors, cuhhhlors, all through the town"...I LOVE IT!!! Hee hee hee what a cutie! We are starting to enjoy songs here at our house too! Ask me about the Turkey Song one day :) (if you are not careful, you will be a mouthful)

Alexis

Susie PSU said...

He really is a nut, isn't he...

Unknown said...

I think i just heard "the Leaf Song" on the Top 20 Countdown!