Sunday, October 19, 2008

You Betcha!

GO LIONS!! It was another exciting Saturday in Happy Valley. While Zack was working hard at the football game hosting this legislator and that drunk Hill staffer, I was having a great time enjoying the crisp, sunny fall day tailgating with good friends. In fact, I was feeling like a real "townie" for the first time --- especially after walking from one tailgate to another and literally running over my church's pastor on the street. With my beer in my hand, we greeted and chatted. He is a great guy, but being my pastor, I had to ponder, "what is he thinking about me trolling around with a beer in my hand?" Then I thought, "Shoot -- he gives me wine at 9 am on a Sunday morning. He is totally down with this!" :-)

While watching the game (again, Zack still working and me enjoying myself {I LOVE HIS JOB}), Mr. Sarah Palin.... oh, I mean, Todd, walked in. If you know me, then you will realize there were two things I instantly became obsessed about:

1. Watching the Secret Service and seeing if they are watching me
2. Getting a picture with the newly famous

So, since I was on the phone at the time of his arrival in the hall with my brother and sister-in-law, I announced to them on the phone that Todd Palin just arrived. INSTANTLY the secret service agent snapped his head around to check me out. Satisfied that I was not calling in an airstrike from outside, he moved on. But later in the suite, I swear they had an extra look on me during their crowd scans.

Then, I convinced Zack's coworker to go up and get a picture with Todd. We walked up, introduced ourselves, and chatted about football. Then she asked if we could take a picture with him. His response? "You bet" OH MY GOD, if only he had said "you betcha!" I would have died laughing.

Here's the fuzzy blackberry camera picture -- the guy who took it must have been very nervous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no way. You totally photoshopped this!

Maryland Mommy said...

AWESOME!!! Go Lions!!! Love the picture...wish we had been there! :)