For those unfamiliar with the event, it is a huge complex of arenas filled with cattle, diary cows, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, alpacas, ducks, rabbits, a lone deer and (believe it not) a big ole bison. I am SURE that you can already smell the sweet scents that almost knocked us over upon entering.
The kids had fun running through the aisles of animals petting animals and mimicking their sounds as if to communicate with them. That was all fun and games until we got to the pigs. Trying to snort back at one particularly temperamental swine gave me a big breath of pig shit and almost made me toss the delicious pulled pork sandwich we just finished eating. (Wrong isn't it?)
This is CJ's new pose. Fits her personality of late very well. Miss Diva. Alexander may have a career in 4H in his very near future.
Crazy Rabbit. (Thanks Elmer Fudd!)
There were also countless farm tractors/equipment for the kids to play... er, I mean test drive. Here are some of their favorites.
After an exciting day of taking a shuttle bus (CJ's first ride in a yellow school bus), seeing animals, playing on large farm equipment, experiencing the largest butter sculpture in the whole world (because who else would think to do such a thing), riding the merry-go-round, eating chicken nuggets, french fries and a milkshake, we asked the kids what was the favorite part of the whole day.
Unanimously and quickly they responded:
"COTTON CANDY!!"
Well, but of course.
3 comments:
Cotton candy has been a favorite of the Diephaus family for years. So much so we even have Cotton Candy promises. Everyone had to have a great time. The two of you get a lot of credit for taking the kids there. Mom
I've lived in PA my whole life and have never been there, so you're way ahead of us. I was just excited I actually took Tanner to the Ag arena for the bug fair last year. :)
For future reference I will gladly join you & the fam at the Farm Show or ANYWHERE just to see your smiling faces!
Post a Comment