The loss was the sole fault of my brother. Yes, my brother.
For whatever cosmic reason, he changes things when he decides to root for them. For example, in the early 90s he suggested we buy some AOL stock. The technology stock was soaring -- it could do no wrong. It was at a "low" of $90 and headed up. Broke and trusting, Zack and I bought it on his advice. Several years later we took the tax break on the loss. This is pretty typical. In fact, I'm not sure, but if he bought a bunch of stock right before the recent stock market plunge, this recession could be his fault too. But I digress...
On New Year's Day, I got an email from my big bro. He had just painted his football statue to PSU colors in honor of the big game. This was the third painting of the season. He started the football season in Michigan colors (I know, I know) and then they started losing. He then moved on to the at-the-time-winning Redskins. Promptly after that conversion, the Skins started to suck big time. So what does he do? Yes, that's right... he goes for the Blue and White. ACK! On the day of the big game. What was he thinking?????

Again, my apologies fans.
4 comments:
Wow! From the fall of technology stocks, football teams and now world economy...how does Paul sleep? Great blog, Jean! :)
I think Paul could make big $$$'s if a team wants there foe to lose. His bussiness name could be "Paint A Losser"
Tell him your favorite team is now Ohio, or Michigan, or ANYONE but us, ok?
Oh my gosh...how cute is he...STILL!!!
Post a Comment