Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Who is this Girl?

Most of you know that I am not a girly-girl. I hate pink. I don't even think I own a skirt. In fact, Zack was worried that I would wear a wedding pant-suit instead of a wedding dress.

When CJ popped into this world, it took a full day to "sink in" that I had a girl. A girl. A GIRL. That is what I would just keep saying. For the first two years of her life, I encouraged play with everything leftover from Alexander. She happily "rummed" trucks, played with Batman and kicked balls.

Then came Christmas 2008. You have seen the pictures of the princess gowns. She wore one every waking moment since opening it on Christmas morning. Two days ago, CJ was playing hide-n-seek in her closet. At this time she discovered her Easter dress from last year. Guess what? She hasn't taken that one off since that game. She calls it her "gown" and thankfully has allowed me to put some clothes on underneath.

WHO IS THIS GIRL? She can't possibly be a little Jean. She LOVES pink. She plays with Dollies. She WANTS to wear dresses and "tap" shoes. Although, she is adorable. Perhaps that is what she gets from me! ;-)




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pay backs are Hell!!!! This sweet thing is her mothers daughter. You can put money on it, I raised the Mother. I remember very well the seven year old when asked where she would like to go to for dinner and she replied "The Golden Bull, because they have linen table cloths".
. And she wore a dress.GO C J your grandma and your aunts love the girly girly girl your are. I know your Daddy loves it too.

Susie PSU said...

ha ha Jean, so that's where she gets it. YOU. I wonder if it's a phase?
Let her be the girly girl. She's loving it!

Maryland Mommy said...

SO CUTE!!! Embrace it, Jean :)!!!